ADDITIONAL COLORED STONES – PLAY OF COLORS
- The Aquamarine owes its name to its beautiful water blue (“water of the sea”). According to a popular legend it serves for a talisman for sailors.
- The most desired color is the “Santa Maria Blue”.
- Mandarin Garnet owes its name to its wonderful orange color, which does not exist in such intensity in any other gemstone.
- Peridot is also called “Olivin”. It exists from a tender green like pistachios to the intensive green of olives.
- Sri Lanka war the first country, that exported the Tourmaline to Europe and in Singhalese its called “turmali” which means Gemstone in mixed colors.
- Whole-colored (monochrome) Tourmalines are rare.
- Most deserved are deep red and different shades of green and blue as well as the Paraiba colors.